Monday 25 January 2021

Tuna Salad stuffed Plantaine

I had this crazy dish at a Cuban food stall at the Bayside FoodCourt in Miami years ago. I made it with regular sweet bananas some times in the past, but it works better with ripe plantaine.



My local supermarket had a bag of overripe plantaines on sale. I usually fry them, bash them and fry them again to eat with some dip. There is a blog here already. But looking at them inspired me to finally try the stuffed pantaine. I have some high quality tuna fish in a can and I spooned some of it out. 



Recipe:

1 ripe plantaine, 50 g tuna from a can

3 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp parsley, salt and pepper,

2 slices American processed Cheddar

Peel the plantaine and cut it along the middle and open it up.



Mix tuna, seasoning, parsley and mayo and stuff it in the middle. Cover with cheese.



Bake at 180 C for 15 min



This brought me back to the Bayside of Miami, looking out on the marina and feeling a bit of a warm breeze in my mind. Great way to travel during these times.






No comments:

Post a Comment