Thursday 21 January 2021

Polenta Romania Style - Mamaliga

I found a new YT Channel: Beryl Shereshewsky, New York. She is fun to watch.  She cooks and reserches food around the world.



I was looking for comfort food and some vegetarian options. I found both. Polenta is not a side dish I choose very often. Many love it baked and covered with cheese, but I find that boring. Until I discovered polenta fries made in the air fryer, leftover polenta always went into the organic waste bin. Today there was no leftover polenta. I ate all of it! 



Beeing on a vegetarian food trip this week, the Romanian polenta was a winner.  

Recipe:

100g polenta, 400 ml veg stock

2 tsp butter, 2 tbsp creme fraiche

80 g goat and sheep feta

1 poached egg, salt and pepper, chives

Heat up the veg stock with the butter and stir in the polenta. Cook and stir constantly. Add the creme fraiche.



Poach an egg. Bring all together on a plate



 

No comments:

Post a Comment