Wednesday 20 January 2021

Pineapple, Ginger and Carrot Smoothie


I am still a bit through the weather with my cold and in need of something "healthy". Smoothies are often advertised as healthy food. But I am not going out and buy some stuff for a lot of money. When I am checking the ingredients list on the bottles, I often ask myself, why do I pay so much money for so low qualitiy.



I went through my fruits and veggies at home and took what caught my eye. Fresh ginger is a great spice when you suffer from a cold. I grated a good amount of it, peel and all into the blender. It gave a kick to the smoothie and I felt a lot better after I enjoyed it.



ingredients for 3 smoothies:

2 carrots, fresh ginger- about 17 g - , 150 ml pineapple juice, 75 ml sparkling water

1 banana, 1 kiwi, 1/2 fresh pineapple, 1 lime, 1 t tbsp rice syrup

Put all of it in a strong blender, except the rice syrup. When you use a very ripe banana, you can leave the syrup out. The banana that I had, was still on the green side. The rice syrup balanced the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment