Saturday 16 January 2021

Yachaejeon or Korean vegetable Pancake

I found recipes like this on various YouTube channels. But I made my very own version out of it. Since most of the shops are closed due to our lockdown, I ordered Korean pancake mix online. It came last week. A vegetable pancake sounded good after all the meat I had last week. Enough veggies to choose from were in the veggie drawer of my fridge too.



Cleaning and chopping was the most work. I put some pancake mix together with the same amount of water in the bowl, stirred and added the veggies. I was not sure if the batter was enough to cover all of it. But it looked good. I spread the batter around a wide pan in 3 tbsp of oil. The heat was on medium high. Enough to cook the veggies, but not burn the batter.



Ingredients:

10 cm carrot, 3 spring onions, 1 shallot, 1/3 bunch parsley, 50 g celeriac, 12 cm white of a leek, 1 tbsp chives, salt and pepper, 3 radishes, 1 bok choy

1/3 cup Korean pancake mix, 1/3 cup water, 1 tsp sesame oil 

1 egg, 3 tbsp double cream.



Sauce:

2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds, 1 tsp Gochugaru hot pepper flakes , 2 tbsp water



After cooking the pancake for 5 min I tried to flip it. But not enough batter to hold it together. I brought everything together again and I needed a solution. I mixed 1 egg and cream and poured it over the pancake and put a lid on the pan. After 5 min I was able to flip it. I served it with the sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment