Tuesday 19 January 2021

Sopa de Fideo or Mexican Noodle Soup- vegan

I have a cold and I wanted some comfort food with ingredients I have at home. This Mexican soup is very easy to prepare and does not need lots of ingredients. The kids in Mexico love it. And now I do too!



I did not have short thin pasta at home, but Cappellini pasta. I broke the strands into 1 inch pieces. I roasted them in olive oil until some of them turned brown. The rest got crunchy. Keep an eye on them, otherwise you will have burned pasta.



A good quality veg stock came next.

In a blender I mixed to tomatoes with 1 large shallot and 2 cloves of garlic and poured them through a sieve into the pot.



Cook until the pasta is done and finish with some parsley.



Ingredients for 1:

100 g fine short pasta, 2 tbsp olive oil

2 regulat tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves, 1 large shallot

500 ml veg stock, parsley



No comments:

Post a Comment