Sunday 17 January 2021

Seafood Pancakes or Haemuljeon

Today is my pancake day. I had a big Korean veggie pancake for lunch and now for dinner it is seafood time. This is a Korean recipe too. Mostly eaten on special occasions or festvities. After I enjoyed it, I can see the reason why.



I was out early morning to get the groceries for this weekend, but I did not went far. I had only planned the veggie pancake for today. Getting the seafood was on my agenda for next week. I was surprised to find it near by. 



Preptime is short for these pancakes. But only if you don't have to clean all the seafood on your own. This time I used a combination of flour and potato starch for the batter.



Recipe for 2:

75 g squid, 70 g prawns, 50 g scallops, fresh red chili

5 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp potato starch, salt, pepper, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp fish sauce, 1 egg

1 spring onion, 10 cm carrot, 2 stalks parsley, 5 stalks chives, enough water for a very thick batter ( it will loosen by adding the ingredients).



Cut the seafood into small chunks and the veggies too. In a good amount of oil, fry on each side for 2 min, then add 1 - 2 min more.



No comments:

Post a Comment