Tuesday 5 January 2021

Gyoza Nabe - Japanese Hot Pot

I love Gyoza!

When I thought about food for the long hours of New Years Eve, I came up with no idea in the first place.



Here in Germany people sit together to have Fondue either with meat or cheese or have Raclette. The fondue calls often for a gas burner on the center of the table. But after a while with this going, I get a headache from the gas. Last Sunday I talked to a good friend on the phone and she told me, that she was going for meat fondue. She has purchased an electric fondue pot.



That was the idea. Swop the gas burner for an Induktion plate. I ordered one on Amazon on Sunday.  That problem solved. Now I needed an idea what to put on top.



Nabe is a good veggie soup. What kind of protein is added is  your choice. 

My choice are dumplings. Better Gyoza.



For lunch I had a couple of pot stickers with sweet chili sauce and kept the rest of them for the evening. The other part of the dumplings went in raw to cook in the soup. Both versions worked well.

Gyoza:

200 g sausage meat, 1 spring onion, 2 bunch of chives, 3 cabbage leaves

Knob of grated ginger, 3 cloves of minced garlic

Salt, pepper, sesame oil, gyoza wrappers, water

Soup:

750 ml Dashi made from a tea bag with dried 10 ingredients  without MSG

500 ml chicken stock home made, 3 tbsp Shoyu soy sauce

6 shiitake mushrooms, 4 king oyster mushrooms, 2 mini bell peppers, 2 cabbage leaves, 1/4 daikon raddish, 3 tbsp sprouts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment