Monday 20 May 2024

Asparagus wrapped in Kadayif

I needed a bit Kadayif or Angelhair dough for my viral Dubai pistacchio chocolate. The smallest size package had 400 g.



Now 325 g are still sitting in the package in the fridge. I pulled some of it out and wrapped it in a clean dishtowel with a wet kitchen paper in between. This is the only way to get it more malleable. 



A very tasty and easy lunch is asparagus. Blanched in boiling water for just 3 minutes was enough for the thin stalks. I made that hours in advance because I needed them cold. But only kadayif and asparagus together was not enough for me. 



A look in the fridge helped. Some Leerdamer cheese slices and very thin cut pork roast caught my eyes. Some sesame sauce as seasoning went well with the asparagus too.



Preheat the oven 180 C fan and use some baking paper.

Wrap 4 stalks of asparagus in a cheese slice and add some sesame dressing and pepper to it. Wrap the pork slice around it and then grab enough Kadayifi to put around it. Lay on top of the baking paper and spray some olive oil on top. 

Bake for 10 to 15 min until the Kadayfi has some color.


No comments:

Post a Comment