Friday 3 May 2024

Hwachae - Korean Watermelon Dessert

When I saw this on a Reel I thought that is a very strange combination of fruits, jellies, soda and milkproducts.



But at a hot day it sounded great. I needed a few fruits and liquids. At home two packs of jell-o were sitting for a long time and I used them.



Some ice cubes should go in this dessert, but I did not have any, but luckily I have frozen strawberries. 



Recipe:

250 g watermelon

125 g raspberries

125 g blueberries

2 small bananas

8 frozen strawberries

200 ml Sprite zero

200 ml strawberry milk (Müllermilch)

1 pack Cherry jell-o (or any other brand)

1 pack Lime jell-o

Prepare the jellos, some need 4 hours to set. Best on the day before.



Cube the watermelon, cut up the bananas and wash raspberries and blueberries. Put all if it in a large bowl.



Add spooned pieces of both jellos. Pour in strawberry milk and Sprite. Cool down with the frozen strawberries.

Serve cold and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment