Saturday 4 May 2024

Enchiladas por Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo is only a lesser festivity in Mexico, but a huge one on the other side of the border.



Tex Mex Kitchen to celebrate the Mexican heritage of many people living there. When I was traveling through Texas and Oklahoma in late spring many years ago, the festivities of Cinco de Mayo were everywhere.



Since this time, my family and I often cooked something TexMex when we remembered that date.



I have not made enchiladas in a very long time. I am blogging for nearly 9 years now, there are no enchiladas on this blog to be found. That needed to change.



There are by no means traditional, but I love my own creativity foodwise. And using up some ingredients from my storage helps too.

I usually put sweetcorn in and had a can out already, but the beans were so plentiful, I omitted the sweetcorn. But some hot pepperoni paste from the deepness of my fridge went in to get everything a good kick.



Recipe for 3 enchiladas:

250 g mixed ground pork and beef organic

1 tbsp oil

2 green onions, 2 tsp chopped garlic

1 green bell pepper

1 can large white beans in tomato sauce

2 tsp hot pepper paste

Salt, pepper, herbes de Provence

3 high protein wraps

60 g grated Mozzarella

20 g cream cheese

Preheat the oven 180 C fan.

Heat a skillet with oil and add the ground meat. Crumble it and let it turn brown. Add onions, garlic, hot pepper paste and cook a bit. Cut bell pepper in small chunks and add them together with the beans and tomato sauce to pan. Season well. Cook until rvetything is done.

Grab high protein wraps and fill them. Put them in an oiled oven proof dish. Top with cheeses and put in the oven for 15 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment