Saturday 25 May 2024

Greek Restaurant Grüner Turm

In the old part of Böblingen you can find an old half -timbered house with a Greek restaurant. It is in business for more than 30 years.



The quality of the food and the amount of people beeing there on a Thursday at noon is speaking for itself. My friends have been celebrating family events here for many years.

The restaurant offers a wide variety of Greek dishes. Lots of starters and a long list of main courses. But the day my friend send me the link to this restaurant, I read the menu and knew what I wanted to eat.

This kind of preselecting dishes is so common right now. We all check the menus to decide what to eat before we even set a food inside the location. In the end even if I read thr menu in my hand at the table, I mostly stay with the dish I choose at home.



The server brought us each a shot glass with Uso,the Greek anisseed schnaps, and asked us what we wanted to drink. Uso on an empty stomach is not a recommondation.

Our food arrived on a black slate, nicely arranged. The Tsaziki lacked the garlic punch and reminded me more of a creamy cucumber salad, but a good one.

The gyros, the fries and the salad were awesome.

My friends husband had a mixed grill platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment