Thursday 23 May 2024

Food at Car Museums

Today I started a 3 day trip with the main focus on cars. 



Two of the big players are in Stuttgart. My first stop at 9 AM opening time was the Porsche Museum. After a 2 hour very informative excebition, I needed some coffee and a sweet treat.



I treated myself to a very rich and moist chocolate muffin and a cappucchino.

Next I hit the road and fought my way through lots of road constructions and many tunnels and went to the Mercedes museum. This one is much bigger and the history started a lot earlier in the 1880.

Not only cars, busses, trucks are shown, the contempory history from industralisation, wars, depression and rise of a world wide car industry is very interesting to see.

That made me hungry again and I went to the onsite restaurant Berta's. Berta was the wife of Carl Benz and drove the Motorwagon over long distances. Her first drive was 100 kilometers in one day. To gas up the car, she bought fuel at pharmacy.

My fuel was a Swabian homestyle dish. Lentils with homemade noodles and Wiener sausages.




No comments:

Post a Comment