Thursday 23 May 2024

Hamshuka on white Bean Hummus

This is an Israeli dish.



Usually made with beef or lamb mince. But I choise the much leaner meat: turkey breast.



To start off my day in the kitchen, I opened a small can of chickpeas and peeled off the waxy skin from each of them. I have lots of problems to digest them in their whole form.



This is the reason I rarely use chickpeas. I bought a regular can of Borlotti beans. They build the mayor part of my hummus.



The ground turkey breast is already seasoned from the butcher. Brown it and throw in onions and garlic. I only added paprika, cumin, chili and tumeric to it. Hot paprika paste is better than tomato paste and goes great with the meat. The fresh herbs have gone in with the spices. The veg stock gets reduced down completely.



The Mediteranian kick comes from the Pomegranate syrup. That brings sweetness and a bit of tartness to it.



Recipe for Hamshuka:

350 g ground turkey breast

1 tbsp oilve oil

1 large onion, 4 garlic cloves

Salt, pepper, paprika, chili, cumin, tumeric

Fresh oregano, lovage, cellery leaves, thyme

2 tbsp pomegranate syrup

100 ml veg stock

2 tbsp hot paprika paste



Hummus:

small can chickpeas

regular can Borlotti beans

5 tbsp Tahini

1 tsp garlic paste

50 ml aqua faba

30 ml olive oil

juice 1/2 lemon

salt, pepper




No comments:

Post a Comment