Friday 31 May 2024

Thai Boat Noodles

During my short 3 day trip to Böblingen I checked out a huge Asian supermarket. My friend recommended it.



It is not an Asian chain supermarket, but independently owned. Less expensive then the one we have here in my hometown. That lead to a bigger purchase. 



I found some meal kits for Thai cooking. Since I am not so much in that type of kitchen, a spice package is welcome. I can taste the real food this way. The meal kit contained the base spice sauce, a small package of dry roasted garlic and 100 g of thin rice vermicelli noodles.



All other ingredients were fresh. I could choose the type of meat and used vegetables I could easily find. Together with the spiced sauce it tasted like Thai food from a take-out place.



Ingredients for 2:

1 meal-kit Thai Boat Noodles (sauce pack, freeze dried roasted garlic, rice vermicelli)

2 medium potatoes

2 onions caramelized, 1 green onion

2 stalks Vietnamese coriander

60 g sprouts

80 g baby spinach

200 g meat of your choice - I used pork neck

Sesame oil



Wash the potatoes and cut them in bite size pieces. Put them in the wok with salted water and cook them until they fall off a knife. Add the vermicelli to the water to get soft and blanch the spinach in the same water.



Drain. In a pan heat up sesame oil and brown the meat on the outside. It gets finished in the sauce later.



Pour 480 ml water in the pot and bring to a boil and empty the sauce pack in. Add the boiled potatoes, caramelized onions and the meat and cook for 5 min. Clean the sprouts and toss all that in with the other ingredients in.



Warm everything through. Fininsh with garlic flakes and coriander.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment