Thursday 16 May 2024

Dubai Pistacchio Chocolate

This chocolate went viral on all platforms.



I had to give it a try. My BFF brought me a jar of pistacchio cream from Sicily. I only used it with some espresso. 



I was looking for the angelhair dough, Kadayif in Turkish. My local supermarket had this in the fridge aisle.  I only needed about a quarter of it, now I am thinking about a dessert to use up the other three quarters.



The Dubai chocolate has a crunchy filling. To get this, the Kadayif is browned in a pan. I used a combination of butter and oil. It takes a lot of time to get it to the right consistency. Do this as the first step.



When the crunch is ready, let it cool down a bit and then fold in pistacchio cream and a little Tahini. 



Most videos I saw the people did not temper their chocolate. They just melted it and poured it. I used some chunks of solid chocolate and let it melt in the warmed chocolate. That brought the temperature down and helped with a better snap of the chocolate.




For a more fancier look of the chocolate bar, I used white chocolate and some glitter and roses.



Ingredients for 1 chocolate bar:

100 g Kadayif

25 g butter, 25 g neutral oil

1 tsp dried rose petals

1 tsp glittered powdered sugar

40 g white chocolate

100 g 87% dark chocolate

60 g milk chocolate

50 g pistacchio cream

15 g tahini



In a large pan heat up butter and oil and cut off the pieces of angelhair. Make them small and let them brown. Put in a bowl to cool down. Mix with pistacchio and tahini.



Use a chocolate mold if you have one. Sprinkle glitter icing sugar and some rosepetals in the mold. Melt white chocolate and let it drizzle over that.



Break dark chocolate and 45 g of milk chocolate in a bowl and melt it 30 sec blasts in the microwave. Stir in between. Take it out and drop solid milk chocolate chunks in and use the liquid to melt it. 



Pour 1/3 of the chocolate in the mold. Let it set in the fridge for 15 min.

Spoon the Kadayif pistacchio mix on top and spread out to all 4 corners. It should be higher then the mold. Even it out and pour the 2/3 of the chocolate on top. Stick in the fridge for 2 hours. Then enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment