Monday 4 December 2023

Bread Rolls or Sonntagsbrötchen

It is icy in the morning and the windows of my car are frozen. Not the best idea to hop in and drive to the bakery to get Sonntagsbrötchen.



I decided to make my own. This was easy and I prepared the dough the Saturday evening. It needed to rest in the cold (fridge) for 12 hours.


 

The Sunday morning work was uncomplicated. I prepped them ready to go in the oven to bake before I made myself ready.

Dough:

350 g AP flour

150 g spelt flour

10 g salt

12 g fresh yeast

370 ml cold water




My trusty Thermomix made the dough in 2,5 minutes. I dropped it in a slightly oiled bowl and it rested covered for 30 min.

I folded it 4 times and shaped it in a ball. I covered the bowl with a lid and put it in the cold. 



Sunday morning I preheated the oven 250 C.

Dropped the dough on a floured surface and folded it over and made a long log. I cut that in 7 pieces and shaped bread rolls from them.

I used a bit of water on them and covered some in poppy seeds and others in sesame seeds.

Baking time was 15 min on 230 C with a bit of water spritzed in at the beginning to have some steam.


No comments:

Post a Comment