Saturday 23 December 2023

Pistachio Espresso

I watched a travel documentary about some small islands off the coast of Trapani in western Sicily. They are called the Egadic Islands. Life there is very quiet and not many tourists visit these islands.



People there get the income from agriculture, fishing and a little tourism. Tuna fishing and canning was a mayor industry until it was shut down due to the loss of the tuna.



The guy who made the documentary often sat outside some cafes and had espresso. Then he came in contact with a speciality:

Espresso con Pistachio

A while ago I was in an Italian market and bought a jar of pistachio cream. I was not sure what to cook with it and thought about some kind of dessert. 



Now I used most of it already for my Espressi.

Put 1 teaspoon of pistachio cream on the bottom of a cup, pour espresso on top carefully. Either enjoy it this way or top it with foamed milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment