Wednesday 27 December 2023

Chicken Thighs oven baked with Soy sauce and Muscovado sugar

I thought about a recipe made in the slow cooker since it is still not back in the basement storage. But I was out in the morning to get the last ingredients for the Christmas days and it was very busy.   That took a lot more time than I thought it would.



I changed the cooking method from slow cooler to oven. It reduced the cooking time from 4,5 hours to 45 minutes. 



I kept some of my recipe ideas from the slow cooker, but added some more veggies. Th3 chicken thighs rested on top of carrot pieces, shallots and ripped apart green onions. Even the garlic cloves and ginger slices went in whole. Direct heat from below did not touch the chicken thighs. That kept them juicy.



I put a big of marinate on them. A combination of soy sauce and muscovado sugar. With a bit of Argentinian spice rub on the chickens and the aromatic veggies on the bottom it was a great flavour bomb.



Baked at 180 C fan for 35 min.

I served it with rice.

Ingredients:

4 chicken thighs

2 carrots

Juice of 2 clementines

6 garlic cloves, 5 cm fresh ginger, 4 shallots, 3 green onions

1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp muscovado sugar, 3 tsp Argentinian spice rub for meat, pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment