Monday 11 December 2023

Cottage Cheese and Egg fried Tagliatelle with Pesto

I am using Tworog in the sauce. This is an Ukranian quark. But to call it Cottage Cheese is common too. It is a lot less watery.



Often eaten with fresh herbs or fruits. It is the first time I bought it. I was curious to know what to do with it and how it tastes compared to our kind of cottage cheese. It is totally different and the taste is more intense. 



I would compare it tastewise to low fat quark, but more solid. But not bad at all.



I had some with jam, good! Now I've tried it with other ingredients as a pasta sauce. I had some cooked Tagliatelle in the fridge.

Recipe for 1:

100 g cooked Tagliatelle

50 g Tworok Cottage Cheese

1 Egg

2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp rapeseed oil

2 tsp Piri Piri Portugese seasoning

Salt and pepper

3 tsp Pesto

Crumble the cheese and heat up the butter and oil in a wide pan. Toss in the cold pasta and loosen it up. Add the cheese first. That will take a while to cook. Season with salt and pepper.



Beat the egg and add Piri Piri. Push the pasta to one side in the pan, add a splash of oil and pour the beaten egg in. Let it set for 90 sec and stir in with the pasta.

When evetything is ready, pull the pan off the heat and stir in the Pesto.





No comments:

Post a Comment