Friday 8 December 2023

Onion and Halloumi Sauce with Tagliatelle

I never thought a pan full of onions and some cubes of Halloumi would make a great pasta sauce.



That was a TIKTOK reel I saw. You could use Tofu instead of Halloumi and vegan cream to make a vegan dish.

I love onions, not just as a support part in a dish, but as a vegetable standing on its own. A mix of different kinds of onions can be found here at home. Onion soup or filled onions are great too. I used three different types of onions in this sauce.



From the Halloumi stuffed chicken breast recipe I had a second package of cheese left. I did not know what to do with it until I saw that recipe.



The sauce is very creamy and the cubed cheese gets a bit soft and is no longer squeeky, when chewing.

I used seasoning from my new Advent calender.

Recipe for 2:

250 g fresh Tagliatelle

1 red onion, 1 Roscoe pink onion, 1 yellow onion, 3 cloves of garlic

1 tbsp olive oil, 80 ml veg stock, 200 ml double cream

2 tsp Garam Masala, 2 tsp Patatas Bravas seasoning (or use smoked paprika and oregano)

Smoked salt and pepper, fresh parsley

Parmesan



Heat up the oil. Cut the onions in strips and sauté them 2 min, season with salt and pepper and put a lid on the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the onions 10 min.



Add garlic and cubed cheese, veg stock and cream and the two main seasonings. Let it cook for 3 min to thicken a little, check the seasoning and add parsley. 

The fresh Tagliatelle only need a very short cooking time. Serve them with some fresh grated Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment