Thursday 21 December 2023

Buffalo Mozzarella on Kaki Tomato and Chicoree

A plate of salad with a weird combination on top. But it goes well together.



From my Advent calender I have some spiced balsam vinegars and spiced oils now. I am curious to see how they work together. Lots of interesting combinations are possible. After the holidays I will try to order some of my favourite ones in larger sizes on the Internet.

Checking my fruits and veggies and the different cheeses in the fridge, i came up with this rather rare combination for some kind of Caprese salad.

Some fresh shelled pistachios added the much needed crunch to the salad.

Ingredients:

1 Buffalo mozzarella

1 kaki

10 date tomatoes

1 chicoree

2 tbsp ripped parsley, 2 basil stems

20 pistachios

Dressing: 

Olive oil with lemon

Tomato balsam vinegar

Salt, pepper, agave syrup

Dark balsamic glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment