Friday 22 December 2023

Slow Cooker Tortelloni Soup with Chicken

This soup is based on a recipe from "Mandy in the Making". She posted a couple of slow cooker recipes on YT.



One of my friends told me about it and how to adept it to my needs. I do not know why the original recipe called for a cooking time of 5 to 6 hours on high for chicken breast.



I used a high quality French label rouge cornfed chicken breast. That was tender and ready after 2 hours and 15 min on high. 



The onions and the garlic did not go raw in the pot. I sauteed them in a bit of oil until they got some color. That makes them a lot tastier. I seasoned the chicken and put it in the pot with the sauteed onions and garlic and all the liquids. The chopped Parmesan too.



Recipe for 2:

350 g high quality cornfed chicken breast

Chicken seasoning, salt, pepper

1 can crushed tomatoes

500 ml homemade stock - beef or chicken or vegetable

200 ml double cream

50 g Parmesan chopped

250 g tomato mozzarella tortelloni - I used RANA brand

150 g Baby spinach



When the chicken breast was ready, I took it out to cut it up. But while I did that, the tortelloni and the spinach went in the pot to cook. I added the chicken and gave everything an other 8 min. Now the soup was ready to serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment