Tuesday 5 December 2023

Lamb and Beef Köfte with Bulgur

I went to the nearby Turkish supermarket and bought some freshly ground lamb and beef. I told the butcher that I wanted to make some Köfte. He then took the right amount of fatty and lean meats to ground them up.



On the shelve behind me were different boxes of seasoning packages for Köfte and other dishes. It is called Kasap Köfte. took one out to try it this time. This seasoning mix is complete with breadcrumbs and onions. You only have to add water. This is very unusual for me. In German meatballs I add an egg and some soaked bread to the ground meat.



The mix has to rest in the fridge for 3 - 4 hours.



The bulgur needed some additional flavours. I added piece of onion and 1 long green Turkish pepper. A bit of olive oil and some veg stock paste and lots of parsley were added.

Most Turkish dishes are served with a bit of yogurt. I mixed it with lots of parsley too and some herb salt.



Ingredients:

450 g mixed ground lamb and beef

40 g Kasap Köfte seasoning

80 ml water

Olive oil




No comments:

Post a Comment