Tuesday 5 December 2023

Spaghetti with Olio Garlic and Tropeana Seasoning

Spicy spaghetti with young garlic, I hope you'll like it!





From my trip to Calabria I brought back a spice blend called Tropeana. It cintains tge famous red Tropea onions in their dried form and a bunch of peperonicini, dried herbs and salt. 



Cook the pasta now, some starchy pasta water will be needed later.

I started the pan on medium heat with a good gluck of olive oil and sauteed the slithers of garlic first. Do not brown them, just get them softened. Now in with the spice blend. It needs to give its aroma to the oil. A ladle of pasta water now is essencial. That helps with the spices and starts the emulsion.



I grated lots of Parmesan to add the the pasta.  It needed even more pasta water and I finished cooking the spaghetti in the sauce.



Ingredients for 1:

140 g spaghetti

3 tbsp olive oil

4 young garlic cloves

2 tsp Tropeana seasoning

50 g Parmesan

Salt and pepper

 


No comments:

Post a Comment