Saturday 2 December 2023

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies

One day the bananas on the kitchen counter look good, the next day they turned dark brown.



Usually the time to either bake a banana bread or eat curry bananas with fried egg and rice. But I still have Specoloos Cake from my birthday and have eaten rice the last couple of days.  Now I needed a solution.



Google helped. I just typed "use up blackened bananas" in and the recipes kept coming. The idea of baking cookies stuck. I read through different ones and decided to create my own version.



The ingredients have to be balanced to the amount and size of the bananas. The ones I had were on the smaller side, but 3 of them. I eyeballed the oats and chocolate.



Preheat the oven 180 C.

Recipe for 18 cookies:

3 brown medium sized bananas

1/8 tsp salt

90 g crushed oats and 90 g whole oats

90 g Valhrona milk chocolate

2 tsp coconut oil

18 peeled hazelnuts



Mash the bananas and add salt and oats. Mix very well until you have a sticky consistency. Roll walnut size balls and set them on baking paper apart. Use a tablespoon and flatten them in the middle to make an indentation. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.



Cool them down and loosen them from the paper. Over a pot with boiling water melt the chocolate with the coconut oil. With a teaspoon fill the indentations of the cookies. Place a hazelnut on top.

Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment