Wednesday 20 December 2023

Instant Noodles improved

A light evening snack made with Instant Noodles.



Not the best way to have Dinner, but sometimes Instant Noodles are here to save the day.

But they need a boost to taste great. I've got the inspiration from different YT videos where people pimped their instant noodles. I wanted to give it a try.

I was at the ASIA GO supermarket a couple of weeks ago and found a big pack of instant noodles with onion flavour. 5 packs for 5 meals. Since I love onions, that sounded like the right choice for me. The flavour package contains "onion soup base" with dried green onions and a second pack with onion flavoured oil.



A combination of Kewpie mayo, an egg yolk, leftover beef stock I already cooked pasta in, some fresh parsley, and a couple of pieces of Korean style pork belly made very tasty Instant Noodles. 

Quick verdict: if you crave instant noodles, try to improve the flavour profile. Some creamy Kewpie and egg yolk will make your dinner a lot less "Instant".




No comments:

Post a Comment