Monday 3 June 2024

Apple Carpaccio with Prawns

It is a light meal best served on a hot day.



Well not today. We are on the 1. of June and it is 61 F or 16 C and it is raining cats and dogs. Like the last couple of weeks. Flooding everywhere.

But no flooding in the kitchen, so lets go!

The recipe is one of the many newspaper clippings my BFF sends me regularly. Always helping with ideas for this blog. 



It just features arugula, apple and prawns and a very basic dressing. First: I am not a huge fan of rocket or arugula, Second: not enough veggies for me, Third:an uninspired dressing

My own version for a shared platter:

8 cooked prawns, tiny bit oil

75 g lambs lettuce

4 green asparagus

1 small yellow bell pepper

1 red apple, cut in discs

1/2 lemon

Dressing:

1/2 lemon, 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp apricot vinegar, smoked salt, pepper, 2 tsp mango-chili sauce, 1 tsp plum bruschetta seasoning in 1 tbsp hot water


No comments:

Post a Comment