Friday 7 June 2024

Coconut Rice with Bok Choy and Pork Steak

An open can of coconut milk needed a purpose. All other parts of this dish came together to go with the coconut milk rice.



Put washed rice together with coconut milk, water and salt in a pot. Bring to a boil, stir and cover and reduce the heat and cook for 12 min. Don't forget to stir a bit.



As a vegetable I had some Bok Choy. I cut off the green tops and sauteed the stems first with some green onion and garlic. 



I found some Kalamansi Soy Sauce at the Asian supermarket on my short holiday trip. This fruity and salty liquid went very well with the Bok Choy. The leafy greens needed just the last two minutes in the pan to wilt down.



A chili and garlic marinated pork steak was a tasty protein. I only managed to eat half of it. The leftover piece has to wait until the day after tomorrow to get eaten.

I had some leftover eggwhite from my Danish baking and cooked it with the steak.

Ingredients:

1 ricecooker cup Basmati

200 ml coconut milk, 50 ml water, salt

2 Bok Choy

Grapeseed oil

Pepper

Kalamansi Soy Sauce

250 g marinated pork steak


No comments:

Post a Comment