Wednesday 5 June 2024

Puff Pastry with Pesto Tomato Mozzarella

The idea is from a Reel by Nicolnic99.



I still have a lot of wild garlic pesto in my fridge. I prepared it in April, but it lasts and lasts. I looked for an idea to get rid of some of it without throwing it in pasta. What I did anyway.



The combination with tomatoes and mozzarella is great. I used some sunflower seeds for a bit of crunch and a lot of seasoning.



Ingredients:

1 sheet of butter puff pastry

4 tbsp wild garlic pesto ( but use any other kind or even some Ayvar)

1 ball Mozzarella

Tomatoes

2 tbsp sunflower seeds

Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning

1 egg yolk

Black sesame seeds




Cut the sides in 1/3 of each side.

It is important to season each layer. That gives more depth to the filling. Otherwise it will be a bit boring.



Preheat the oven 180 C.



Bake for 25 min, then take a second baking paper and cover it. Bake for 10 more minutes.

Leftovers can be easily reheated in the oven later.



No comments:

Post a Comment