Tuesday 25 June 2024

Blackcurrant and Strawberry Jam

We have a blackcurrant bush behind the house in the yard. Nobody is taking care of it.



When I was watering my tomatoes and other veggies, I saw that the currants were getting ripe last week. I waited if some of the others in our house would harvest them.



Now the currants are starting to shrivel up or get overripe. I took a small container with me and harvested some of them.

After cleaning and weighing them, I had 175 g of blackcurrants. I bought fresh strawberries this morning and added some to them.



To prevent any kind of jam or jelly to go bad, I add some alcohol. Tanqueray Royale Blackcurrant Gin was my choice.

Ingredients:

175 g blackcurrants

100 g strawberries

25 ml Tanqueray Royale Gin

155 g 2:1 Pektin Sugar

Put everything in a pot and cook it until the sugar is dissolved. Let it cook on high for 5 min. Take a stickblender and mash the berries.

Put in a sterilized jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment