Friday 14 June 2024

Chickpeas in Tomato Sauce with Chard and Sausage

At a local butcher in Adenau I bought smoked sausages. One of them was left over and I took it home. 



These are mostly eaten cold with some bread or as a snack with some beer. But cooked in a vegetable dish is an alternative.



The chickpeas came from a can already seasoned and with the tomato sauce. The name on the can said: Nohut Pilaki - translated from Turkish it means Chickpea Stew.



I am growing colored chard on my balcony and behind the house in some pots. I only wanted to buy one plant at the garden center, but they only sold them in 12plant seedling boxes. I only used 9 of them and gave 3 plants to a neighbor.

Now I have lots of chard to eat over the summer

Heating up the stew was easy. I added the chopped chard and the sausage in bite size chunks. Some fresh ground pepper and that was it. I served it with some Basmati rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment